[birdky] Great Blue Heron Nest

  • From: linda craiger <lindacraiger@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 21:59:24 +0000

Saw 8, maybe 9, Great Blue Heron nest on private property, off the Outer Loop,
between Hwy 68/80 and Hwy 90 (back behind Tractor Supply Co./ just south of the
airport) in Glasgow today.  Each nest had a bird on it, but they all flushed
when we arrived.  They kept circling around & a few came back to the nest while
we were there.  The nests were in two trees that were right at the edge of
Beaver Creek.  The property owner said he had never seen nests in that location
before.

Also, had FOS Blue-Gray Gnatcatcher at Barren River State Park.  Saw Hermit
thrush, Ruby- crowned kinglet, Junco, and a yellow rump warbler on the same
trail.

Still no hummingbird at my house.        Linda Craiger / Glasgow