[birdky] Fwd: Migration banding

  • From: golanplan@xxxxxxx
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 14:14:28 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: GoLanplan
To: raptorbio@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 14:03:34 -0400
Subject: Re: [birdky] Migration banding

 Despite your good intentions for research, I cannot help but feel that the
stress and mortality of the banding process cannot be justified for migrants.
I have witnessed this first-hand. We humans have continously made it more
difficult for birds to survive, especially in migration. Please rethink your
program.  Carol Goes

#1 Game Farm Rd
Frankfort, KY 40601
Phone (work): 800.858.1549 x369
Phone (home): 859.559.7172

"Our life is frittered away by details...Simplify, simplify."
  - Henry David Thoreau

Ornithological Society
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * BIRDKY List Manager: Gary
Ritchison, Richmond, KY