[birdky] FW: Help promoting Rusty Blackbird migration count - April 1-7 2008

  • From: "Heyden, Kathryn (FW)" <kathryn.heyden@xxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 08:56:29 -0400

I encourage folks in Kentucky to participate in this Rusty Blackbird
migration count April 1-7, 2008 and report their observations on e-bird.
Although Rusty Blackbird populations in Kentucky are patchy as in many
of the states on the northern portion of their wintering range, these
many small patches of stop-over and wintering habitat may collectively
represent an important component of Rusty blackbird habitat and the
extent of their importance has yet to be evaluated.  Thus, I am
interested in implementing a small-scale project next winter/spring
which evaluates wintering/migrating Rusty Blackbird occurrence/habitat
use in Kentucky.  I will be relying heavily on e-bird observations and
BIRDKY observations to determine which sites would be best to focus on
for this project and would greatly appreciate your participation!

Thanks!

Kate

Kate Heyden

Avian Biologist

Wildlife Diversity Program

KY Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources

#1 Sportsman's Lane

Frankfort, KY  40601

Phone:  (502) 564-7109 ext. 369

Fax:  (502) 564 4519

kathryn.heyden@xxxxxx

www.fw.ky.gov

Did you know... Department of Fish and Wildlife receives NO state tax
dollars and manages wildlife for all citizens?

Confidentiality Notice:
This e-mail message, including any attachment, is for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential information. Any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is strictly
sender, by e-mail, and destroy all copies of the original message.