[birdky] E-town forward from David Chaffin

  • From: David Roemer <dlroemer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bird ky <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 11:55:38 -0700 (PDT)

KY birders,

Persistent checking finally paid off with a few good
birds today, both first of season for me in KY.  On my
lunch hour, had a crisp juv spotted sandpiper at the
pond in front of Severns Valley Bapt Church, which is
turning out to be the top shorebird place I have found
in the county.

Quick run through Freeman Lake yielded my first
Caspian tern for the county.  Had both an american
coot and GWF goose back in July, but no sign of either
today.

David Chaffin
Cleveland TN
temporarily in E'town