[birdky] Re: Critt. Co.: Big Rivers WMA & SF

  • From: "Ed Ray" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "edrayosprey" for DMARC)
  • To: "cr4d@xxxxxxx" <cr4d@xxxxxxx>, BIRDKY Freelists <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 23:36:17 +0000 (UTC)

Vulture roost - For the second yr. we have a combo vulture roost within the
city limits of Dawson Springs. Approx. 200 bv and tv, saw mostly black vultures
late this afternoon. Lots of flying within an hr. or so of sunset, can't miss
them. They are near a residential street (Park Ave. (extended off of Hamby
Ave.) on a ridge SE of the old baseball park not far from the Tradewater River,
roosting in a few trees. They are also perching in trees near the top of a
large hill to the east of /Hospital Rd./Hwy 109 going So. also within the city
limits.
Ed Ray, Hopkins Co.

On Thursday, December 10, 2015 1:04 PM, Charles Crawford <cr4d@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

Nice to see Black Vultures, I very rarely see them in Henderson Co.
Another good selection of Sparrows.

KY Big Rivers WMA & State Forest (Crittenden Co.), Crittenden, Kentucky, US
Dec 10, 2015 6:45 AM - 10:35 AM
Protocol: Traveling
4.2 mile(s)
33 species