[birdky] Cape May Warbler

  • From: "Lyneart" <lyneart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 05:24:56 -0500

When I came back in the house late yesteday afternoon, Alison said she had seen
a male Cape May Warbler on the bird bath. I sat out in the yard in a lawn
chair, and within a few minutes it appeared on a lower branch of the pink
dogwood overhanging the bird bath. A White-crowned Sparrow was in the bath at
the time, so it just sat on the branch, as if waiting its turn. I never did see
it get a turn at the bath, but it sat still on the branch for over a minute.
Unusual for a warbler to sit still.
    I forgot to mention seeing a yellow-billed cuckoo Sunday, the 26th.
Frank Lyne frank@xxxxxxxxxxx near Dot in Logan County