[birdky] CRNWR & WKU

  • From: HapC1@xxxxxxx
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 15:00:12 EDT

We opened 4 mist nets at Clark's River National Wildlife Refuge for a
program with 5th grade students in cooperation with Western Kentucky
University.
The students learned about birds and the banding  process.  The students were
enthusiastic and fun to work  with.   I thought some of you environmental
educators would like to  know what we are doing.  We split the class into two
groups of about  15.  The students walked the net lanes, watched us remove the
birds and  then returned to watch us band, collect and enter data.
Birds banded are listed below:
Swainson's Thrush - 4
Kentucky Warbler -2
Louisiana Waterthrush -1