[birdky] Re: Brown Power Plant GOLDEN PLOVER

  • From: "Edmund Richards" <edkiernan3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 18:34:09 -0400

Marty,

A majority of it can be handled with binocs. The mud flats up on the front
of the pond are pretty big and a scope does come in handy. The small mud
flats in the back of the pond are small and binocs work real well there.
There is a road that goes all around the  pond so you can work your way
around the lake.

The Golden Plover wasn't there this morning. The Great Egrets were still
there as were a few Great Blue Herons. Killdeer really started pouring in
around noon. A few peeps were there but I really couldn't make them out
because of the heat radiating off the pond surfaces.

Some very good close looks of the D.C. Cormorants were to be had at the
Herrington Lake side of the pond. We did manage to get some quick looks at a
Black Tern on the front of the pond.

Take care,
Ed Richards
Danville, Ky