[birdky] Blood River shorebirds & Egrets

  • From: HapC1@xxxxxxx
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 21:30:51 EDT

Life is good at Blood River.  The lake is the perfect level  for shorebirds
and waders. I'd been wondering where the Great Egrets would go to  roost.   The
answer to the question for the Blood River birds is  No where.  The egrets,
herons, geese, shorebirds, eagles and  kingfisher were all packed on the east
mud flat and the surrounding trees  when it was too dark to see them anymore.
The only birds that  left the area where Pectoral Sandpipers and they head
north/west.
There were hundreds of shorebirds today so I didn't try to count most
species.
Canada Goose - hundreds came in to roost
Wood Duck
Mallard
Blue-winged Teal
Wild Turkey