[birdky] BirdKY: Photos needed!

  • From: "Smith, Brian W (FW)" <BrianW.Smith@xxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 15:17:03 -0400

All:
As part of my job, I am working with a web designer to build a website
for the Appalachian Mountains Joint Venture, a regional partnership of
state, federal, and non-profit organizations focusing on bird
conservation throughout the Appalachian Mountains (northeastern Alabama
to southern New York/northwestern New Jersey).  We need your help!
We are hoping for a broad spectrum of pictures for the website (and a
planning document that I will submit to the US Fish & Wildlife Service
soon).
What we would like to have pictures of:
(1) habitats and scenic vistas from any of the mountainous portions of
southern NY, northwestern NJ, central 2/3 of PA, WV, western MD,
southeastern OH, eastern KY, western VA, eastern TN, western NC, western
SC, northern GA, or northeastern AL.  I know you all travel; I've seen
the lists and links to photos over this listserve!  There are some great
photographers on this list too, so don't be bashful.
(2) photos of birds found in the region--examples of preferred species
include: Cerulean, Kentucky, Worm-eating, Blue-winged, Golden-winged, or
Canada Warblers; Wood Thrush; Acadian Flycatcher; Ruffed Grouse;
American Woodcock; Whip-poor-will or Chuck-will's-widow; Broad-winged
Hawk; American Black Duck, Wood Duck; Grasshopper or Henslow's Sparrow;
Northern Saw-whet or Long-eared Owl; Scarlet or Summer Tanager; Upland,
Semipalmated, or Stilt Sandpiper.
(3) impacts to birds and their habitats in the Appalachians (housing
development, wind farms, mining), and/or
(4) any photos of people in the field, bird in hand if volunteering for
a project, birding trips in the Appalachians, etc.
Please provide photo credit and a brief description of 'what, when, and
where.' A selection of these pictures might appear on the website (which
will be www.amjv.org) or in our planning documents. Proper credit will
be given if you provide permission and the information!  Also, I should
mention up front that we do not have money to purchase the photos.
Please forward this far-and-wide to your photographer friends!  Photos
can filter in over the next few weeks to 1 month.
Thank you in advance; sincerely,

Brian W. Smith
Appalachian Mountains Joint Venture Coordinator
American Bird Conservancy
3761 Georgetown Road
Frankfort, KY  40601

Reply to: bsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx or brianw.smith@xxxxxx