[birdky] BKY- Three Hummer day in November!

  • From: "Jackie Elmore" <jackiebelmore@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 21:44:42 -0600

Sunday 11-30-2003

It was with great pleasure that I was able to view the banding of three
Rufous Hummingbirds today in Warren and Logan Counties. Chris Sloan and
Portia MacMillan banded an adult female in my yard after a short wait at
midday. This bird has been present since October 12.  Earlier in the
morning, about a mile away in Rich Pond, I was able to observe them band
another adult female Rufous coming to a feeder there. Later in the
afternoon, I watched them band an immature female Rufous outside of
Russellville in Logan Co. Thank you Chris and Portia!

Jackie B. Elmore
Bowling Green, KY
Warren Co.