[birdky] BKY: Bourbon Co Scissor-tailed etc

  • From: "Marsh, Scott" <SMarsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 08:11:22 -0400

    I searched the area for the Scissor-tailed Flycatcher with no luck
on Saturday. I did however see 2 male Bobolink; 1 beside the barn at the
south end of Stringtown Rd, the other just north of the focal Sycamore.
The second bird appeared to be displaying over the nesting area, though
it be only once.=20
    In Menifee Co. I got to see why the Cliff Swallow is so named (and
not called a bridge swallow). They were also nesting on a low covered
marina dock; I could have reached up and touched them.=20
    The white mulberry trees are loaded with fruit this year; several
different stops included both orioles and Cedar Waxwings. At one tree a
family of Mockingbirds (2 adults, 3 young) fought hard to hold claim to
the spoils thereof.=20

Scott
Lexington KY