[birdky] BKY: Birds On The Ohio River in Louisville

  • From: Beckhambc@xxxxxxx
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 12:56:50 EST

With the change in weather we decided to check out the river this morning.

About 40 Common Loons were seen in many different locales.
Redhead, lesser scaup, ring-necked, black, bufflehead, ruddy ducks and hooded
mergansers were in the basin above the dam. Also present there were about 30
Bonaparte's gulls.

Other birds present on the river were 2 pied-billed grebes, herring and
ring-billed gulls, rafts of cormorants.

It was wet and cold, so we headed for home. But the birds are on the move and
hard to tell what will show up in the next few days.

Jane and Pat Bell
Louisville, Ky