[birdky] BKY: Anchorage Trail and Mammoth cave

  • From: P & J BELL <patjanebell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BirdKY <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 11:33:59 -0700 (PDT)

We birded the Anchorage Trail on Saturday and Monday and led a field trip to
Mammoth Cave on Sunday for Beckham Bird Club.

Saturday - Anchorage Trail as part of the migration count; 50 species
Highlights -
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker and Blue-headed Vireo
Philadelphia Vireo - 5
Gray-ch. and Swainson Thrushes
 Warblers - Tennessee, Blackburnian, Redstarts, Magnolia, Black-th. Green,
Parula,
Nashville, Common Yellow-throat, Wilson.

Sunday, Mammoth Cave -  57 species
Highlights
Summer and Scarlet Tanagers
Acadian and Great  Crested Flycatchers
Vireos - Yellow-throated, Philadelphia and Red-eyed
Thrushes - Gray-cheeked, Swainsons, and several beautiful Wood Thrushes
Warblers - Tennessee, Parula, Chestnut-sided, Magnolia, Black-th. Green,
Blackburnian,
Yellow-throated (Tom, this was our 12th. warbler.), Bay-breasted,
Black-and-white, Redstart, Ovenbird, Hooded.
Rose-breasted Grosbeaks

Monday, Anchorage Trail - Very slow morning
New bird for the trail - Number 147 - Skein of Double-cr. Cormorants
Nice view of Blue-winged Warbler
Redstart, Tennesee, Nashville, Magnolia
Blue-headed and Philadelphia Vireos

Pat and Jane Bell