[bigbangrobotics] It's 2006 and the ROBOTS are fighting...

  • From: Jay Johnson <tallyjay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Free List <bigbangrobotics@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2006 18:58:54 -0800 (PST)

Ready or not the 2006 robot-fighting season is just
around the corner!  We've been busy here at the Big
Bang Robotics workshop, with not one, but TWO
ambitious new robot projects on the drawing board.

BrainStorm, a 120-pound middleweight is finally more
than just vapor.  The drive train is finished and is
much faster than Heavy Metal Noise ever was.  We've
begun work on the interchangeable weapon modules that
will attach to the drive train via shock-mounts.
We'll be able to choose which weapon module to use for
each opponent we fight.  "The right tool for the right
job!"  Photos of the current state of BrainStorm can
be seen on our website at:
http://www.bigbangrobotics.com/brainstorm.html

We are also currently working on R & D for a new
walking robot.  Our current efforts are focused on
designing and building electromagnetic feet for this
beast.  We intend to take full advantage of the Robot
Fighting League's new 100% weight bonus for
"non-wheeled" robots.  This robot will be a 60-pound
monster if everything goes as planned.

Our first event of 2006 will be BattleBeach, April 8
and 9th.  Once again BattleBeach will be held at
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University as part of that
school?s clever campaign to recruit budding engineers.
 With a new robot you never know what its shakedown
cruise will bring, but we are looking forward to
getting back into the arena and kicking some bot.
Hope to see some of you there!

Jay and Valerie
Big Bang Robotics