[betabookcourier] Re: new bibles and firmware

  • From: "Joseph K Stephen" <joestephen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <betabookcourier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 14:29:05 +1030

Comments on the new KJV downlodable bible:
1. When I first attempted to download, my original file was locked on the BC
but I got no warning and the file appeared to transfer but actually didn't
since the book names didn't change, ie I still found Samuel 1 etc. So
perhaps you need to warn the user about attempting to:
A. overwrite an existing file and
B. attempt to overwrite a locked file.

2. I then unlocked the file and transferred it but when I attempted to read
it and use the power search, some of the text seemed jumbled.

3. I then deleted the King James bible with C&V from the library menu on the
BC and re-transferred it and it appears to be working correctly now.

4. It is nice to have power search however I think it needs to be on a
keystroke for which you don't have to wait for the beep since you in effect
nullify the speed of vbing able to use the feature when you have to press
and hold the button before it will react. I suggest that instead of keys 1
and 3 on one beep, allow another navigation mode on 2 and 8 being called
power search or binary search and then use the 4 and 6 keys to do the
search.

Thanks
Joe