[bes_comp_eco] Graduate opportunities in Mathematical Biology and Quantitative Ecology

  • From: Philipp Boersch-Supan <phb@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "bes_comp_eco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bes_comp_eco@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2014 15:03:25 -0500

Hi all,

my lab at USF (Tampa, Florida) is looking for graduate students (MS or PhD) interested in mathematical biology and quantitative ecology to join in Fall 2015.
Full add below. Please feel free to pass it along.

Cheers,
Philipp

Graduate opportunities in Mathematical Biology and Quantitative Ecology with Leah Johnson, in the Department of Integrative Biology at USF.

I am looking for one or more students (MS or PhD) interested in mathematical biology and quantitative ecology to join my lab beginning Fall 2015. Potential research areas include 1) the ecology of infectious diseases in humans, plants or animals, such as malaria or chytridiomycosis 2) modeling individual behavior and life history strategies and the implication of individual traits on population dynamics and persistence, including projects in dynamic energy budget theory and foraging theory as applied to Antarctic albatrosses. For more information on what I am looking for, and my research interests, see my website: http://leah.johnson-gramacy.com/prosp.html. To assess the overlap in our interests, and your competitiveness for admission to our program, please send a single document to lrjohnson(at)usf.edu <http://usf.edu>, containing: 1) A letter describing your background and research interests, particularly related to mathematical biology and quantitative ecology; why you are interested in working with me and in coming to the University of South Florida. 2) A CV, including: a list of relevant courses (math, stats, computing, and biology); GPA; GRE scores 3) Contact information (name, email, phone number) for three references. Full applications must be submitted through the university website by February 15, 2015, although only applications submitted by January 1, 2015 can be considered for teaching assistant positions.

----------------------------------
Leah R. Johnson
Assistant Professor
Integrative Biology
University of South Florida
 4202 East Fowler Ave, SCA110 Tampa, FL 33620

home page: http://leah.johnson-gramacy.com/

--
Dr Philipp Boersch-Supan
Postdoctoral Scholar