[Belmont Chamber TechLink] Chamber email server change

  • From: Belmont Chamber TechLink <listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: belmontchamber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 11:46:01 -0700

From the Belmont Chamber Webmaster:

The Belmont Chamber's web site, www.belmontchamber.org,
was moved to a new server last week.

I will be shutting down the old mail server for
belmontchamber.org.  It may take a few days for
the Internet to "learn" the location of the
Chamber's new mail server, so messages sent to
any belmontchamber.org address may "bounce".

Most Internet Server Providers (ISPs) make a copy
of the addresses of web sites and mail servers
on their own machines (they "cache the DNS").
Until they refresh their list with the latest settings,
they will be pointing to the wrong place which will
cause messages to bounce.  Some ISPs don't refresh
their cache for a week or so.  We have no control
over this.

You can try sending a message from a web-based
email account (like HotMail, or Yahoo, Earthlink,
or AOL) --- this will probably work fine.

Another alternative is to use the temporary email
address, chamber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, which will go to
both the Chamber office and the webmaster.

Thank you for your patience.

For more information about the Belmont Chamber of Commerce,
please visit the Chamber's web site at http://belmontchamber.org/