[bcbirdclub] sightings in Breaks 10/7

  • From: "David & Susan Raines" <rainbrk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 08:42:01 -0400

Quite a lot of bird activity around our place the morning of 10/7. The warbler
list included a Bl-th Green, Bay-br, Chestnut-sided, Tenn., Palm and many
Yellow-rumps.Two Blue-headed Vireos were present as well as Catbirds,
Bluebirds, Flickers and more... Later in the afternoon, on a walk w/my Dad in
the Breaks Park, we saw a male Hooded Warbler a small flock of Robins with a
couple of Wood Thrushes along and a Flicker. We also saw my FOS Winter Wren as
well as a Golden-cr Kinglet. All of these sightings were made along the Laurel
Branch Trail except the Warbler, which was seen along the Nature Drive. Three
Wood Ducks and a Red-bellied Wp were found at Laurel Lake. Dave Raines-Breaks