[bcbirdclub]

  • From: "Janice Martin" <redwing@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <mjt@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'buchanan county bird club'" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2014 19:56:30 -0400

Wait!  I thought it was beginning to get interesting!

Janice

From: aquilaet@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2014 09:15:50 -0400
Subject: [bcbirdclub] Desk Birding - 2 Life Birds!
To: bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Buchanan Birders,

Got in a fantastic hour of birding this morning at my desk and even managed
to pick up a couple life birds in the process.  I was checking over my life
list with the recent changes to the ABA list and realized that I could add
two more life birds to my list.

The first was the recent split of the Sage Sparrow into the Bell's Sparrow
and the Sagebrush Sparrow.  Michelle and I have seen this species in both
the Sacramento Valley of California and Arches National Park, Utah - our
first life bird of the morning.

Next the Winter Wren populations have been split into the Winter Wren in the
east and the Pacific Wren of the west.  I've got video of this bird on both
coasts so chalk up another life bird for us! (#515 on the ABA list)

We also changed the name of Common Moorhen to Common Gallinule.  Now if the
AOU would just approve the Yellow-chevroned Parakeet breeding population in
the Miami area.........

Ed Talbott

Richmond, KY