[bcbirdclub] Update on Warbler Day on Compton Mt

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <mayhorn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 15:53:38 -0400

Hi All,
I wanted to let everyone know that all of the spaces for Warbler Day Sept. 13th
have now been filled. If there are still some who were interested in attending
and did not reserve a spot, send me your e-mail anyway. Some who have reserved
spots may not be able to make it and if that is the case we will have room for
more.

For those of you who will be here on the 13th you may arrive here as early as
you want. In fact some of the best birding usually starts about 7:15 to 7:30
not long after the sun gets up, and some birders will arrive just after
daybreak. Be sure to bring your binoculars, a camp or lounge chair and your own
drinks. We will provide a free lunch of hotdogs, small chicken pieces, baked
beans and chips. Anyone wishing to bring a side dish or dessert is welcome to
do so. Some of the ladies have made some mouth watering dishes in the past.

We look forward to seeing you here, and hope that you get to see lots of great
migrants that day.

Those of you are staying in Grundy are once again welcome to drive up on Friday
evening and do some birding around the place. We usually have a few people who
do that each year. We then drive back down to Grundy to have an evening meal at
a local restaurant. If there is not a football game at the Grundy High School,
we drive by there at dusk to watch the hundreds of Chimney Swifts go into the
chimney to roost.

We will see you here,

Roger & Lynda Mayhorn