[bcbirdclub] Re: Tree Swallows at Weller Yard

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <mayhorn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 20:33:12 -0400

I found a Tree Swallow checking out one of the bluebird boxes on the Mountain
Top Golf Course here on the mountain yesterday. This may be one of those that
used that box last year. By the way we already have three bluebird nests.

Today a Tree Swallow was going into and out of one of the plastic gourds
hanging from our Martin house. We can't get Martins, but we usually have a pair
of Tree Swallows nesting in the gourds.

Our Brown Thrasher seems to have found a mate. The two were doing some jumping
and flitting about in a maple tree this morning.