[bcbirdclub] Re: Tree Swallows & Waterfowl

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rainbrk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 09:45:42 -0400

We also had 3 Tree Swallows checking out our martin house on Tuesday. They
usually nest in the gourds attached to it.
Our pair of resident Red-shouldered Hawks seem busy. They are probably nesting
near the Mountaintop Golf Course as they have for the last couple of years. I
heard them calling near there yesterday.
Our small flock of 18 Pine Siskins is still hanging around. This morning they
were joined by a male Purple Finch and three male Eastern Towhees.