[bcbirdclub] Sunday Outing

  • From: "Jerry Thornhill" <mjt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 18:54:11 -0500

Don Carrier, Peggy Herbert, Tom Hunter, and Jane & Jerry Thornhill had a
great field trip today led by Mike Sanders and Gary Cooper.  They took us to
Austin Springs, Paddle Creek, the Weir Dam, South Holston Dam, Musick's
Campground, Washington Park, and Brown's Dairy Farm.  We found 62 species.
We found one Palm Warbler at Austin Springs, a couple of Bald Eagles in the
Weir Dam/South Holston Dam area, a Horned and Eared Grebe in the scope at
the same time for a great side by side comparison along with a good variety
of ducks and raptors.  The spot of the day was by Gary who found a
Sharp-shinned Hawk that was nearly invisible though binoculars.  Our thanks
to Mike and Gary for sharing their day with us.  A complete species list is
attached.

Jerry