[bcbirdclub] Re: Snowy Egret - Buchanan County - May 27, 2008

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <mayhorn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 18:42:28 -0400

Don,
Be careful what you ask for. I borrowed the Talbott magnet once and now all of
these unusual species show up in my yard and around my pond. I can't get any
work done because I am constantly grabbing my binoculars to check them out. It
has caused me to let part of my property grow up in weeds and thickets to get
them to stay. I catch myself not picking the cherries or the blueberries on our
property so the birds can have them.
I have strange people wanting to come and bird my property. One strange guy
comes from Bristol regularly.
My wife has threatened to leave me if I don't do something besides hang out the
window to watch and photograph birds. My neighbors think I'm strange because
they see me out walking with binoculars, camera and listening devices around my
neck, so be prepared for the consequences if you borrow it, and I can only
imagine the disastrous results if you used it twice :)