[bcbirdclub] Second Notice

  • From: "Jerry Thornhill" <mjt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 15:52:24 -0400

A reminder that RCBC has two events coming up for which you need to
preregister.  The first is the Warbler Walk at the Thornhills' on Saturday,
September 21.  Since we'll be serving hamburgers and hot dogs, we need to
know how many people to prepare for.  Deadline to sign up
<mailto:mjt@xxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Warbler%20Walk>  for this event is Thursday,
September 19.

The other event is the annual banquet which will be on Tuesday, September
24.  The banquet will be at the Elk Garden Methodist church as it was last
year.  The menu will include chicken, pork loin, salad, rice, mixed
vegetables, rolls, dessert, and drinks.  Cost is $15/person.  You must sign
up <mailto:mjt@xxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Annual%20Banquet>  ahead of time in order
to plan the meal.  Deadline is Sunday, September 22.  You are responsible
for the cost of the meal if you sign up but don't attend.  You may cancel on
or before the 22nd and not pay.  This year's speaker will be John Moyle who
will talk about Birds of Africa.  Remember, we exchange birding related
gifts ($10 maximum) at the banquet so be sure to bring gifts to share.

Both these events are open.  Membership in RCBC is not required to attend
either one.

Jerry Thornhill

President, RCBC