[bcbirdclub] Saturday, International Migration Day

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <mayhorn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 10:49:33 -0400

Hi All,
Saturday, May 10th is International Migration Day when birders get out and find
as many species as possible on a spring day. The Buchanan County Bird Club
usually divides into groups that go to different areas of the county to see
what can be found. It's a lot like a Christmas Bird Count except you have
spring weather and lots of great singing birds. If we have a small group we may
stay together and cover selected areas.
Anyone interested in participating let me know and we will work out groups,
areas to cover, times, etc. If the weather cooperates it will be a great time
to be out. I was out early this morning and the birds were everywhere.

I know some of you guys in the Russell County Bird Club will be busy with your
own event at the Pinnacle area in Russell County. Good Luck with that.