[bcbirdclub] Rankin Bottoms

  • From: Michael Sanders <hawk036@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birdclub <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Buchanan County Birdclub <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 23:02:04 -0400

I milled around Rankin Bottoms this evening. I ran into Michael Sledjeski who was setting out on canoe. I am only going to post a couple of digiscoped pics. I did however find 4 Juvenile White Ibis across the lake where they were reported earlier this week. I had a hard time viewing the birds from across the lake, but I went to learn a little about the area and Michael Sledjeski provided much needed information on how to bird this area effectively. Enjoy.

Mike Sanders
Bristol, VA

image/jpg

image/jpg