[bcbirdclub] Nyjer Feeder Protector

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rogermayhorn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2016 16:25:29 -0500

I recently bought this Nyjer (thistle) seed feeder. A friend told me that
one flaw it had was allowing water to get into the lower section of the
feeder and cause the seed to mold. I found this transparent bowl at the
Dollar Store. I drilled a small hole in the bottom and ran a wire through
it. I formed a small circle in the wire that prevents the bowl from slipping
down and covering too much of the feeder. Hopefully, this will prevent most
of the rain from getting to the seed.

JPEG image