[bcbirdclub] New Virginia Bird Species

  • From: "Bob" <bebirding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 18:14:57 -0500

Hello All,

I got a new bird species for Virginia today.  I never would have thought
about getting it in Buchanan County either.  I made the trip to the Breaks
and David was good enough to lead me right up to the bird, a Long billed
Curlew.  It sure beats driving to the east coast to see this species if it
happened to show up there.  Thanks David for sharing the fun.  I will let
everyone know that not only was the curlew great fun, but Susan's applesauce
cake was delicious.

Bob(Bebirding)Riggs

Lebanon, VA