[bcbirdclub] Re: Mystery Shorebird

  • From: roger mayhorn <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rainbrk@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 20:20:06 -0400 (EDT)

Hey Dave,
Don and I have been looking at your sandpiper photo, and first let me say that
we are far from being shorebird experts, especially Don. LOL.  We think the
bird may be a Buff-breasted Sandpiper considering size, bill length and shape
and color, pale face and breast, back pattern and long legs, though it is
difficult to see the leg color in the photos.