[bcbirdclub] Morning Bird Hike

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 15:21:50 -0400

Hi All,
I went for about a 2 mile hike this beautiful morning here on the mountain and
got 45 species. My best birds were a Cerulean Warbler, a Blue-winged Warbler,
American Redstarts, Black-and-white Warblers, Black-throated Green, Hooded
Warblers, Indigo Buntings, Orchard Oriole, Wood Thrushes, Yellow-breasted Chat,
Yellow-rumped Warbler, Yellow Warbler and Yellow-throated Vireos. For those
interested the complete list is below.

American Crow 2

American Goldfinch 2

American Robin 7 (1 female carrying food)

American Redstart 1m

Black-and-white Warbler 3 (1m)

Black-throated Green Warbler 1

Blue-gray Gnatcatcher 2

Blue-winged Warbler 1

Blue Jay 1

Barn Swallow 1

Broad-winged Hawk 2 ( 1 being chased by a Robin)

Brown-headed Cowbird 1m

Brown Thrasher 2

Carolina Chickadee 2

Carolina Wren 4 (1carrying food)