[bcbirdclub] More Photos of the Partial Albino Sparrow

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <mayhorn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Buchanan County Bird Club" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 00:14:32 -0500

Hi Everyone,
After seeing Ed and Michelle's video of the partial albino White-throated
Sparrow, I called Michelle's mom, Shirley, and asked about coming to take some
photos of the bird. She immediately agreed, so this morning Lynda and I drove
over to Guesses Fork about 9:30. We were invited in and made to feel very
welcome by Shirley, her husband Billy Ray, their daughter Julie, and Julie's
husband David.

It was probably about 45 minutes before the bird made an appearance. It flew in
and landed near the top of a bush, then came down into an evergreen shrub.
After hopping around a bit it came down to the ground to feed. I of course was
busy taking photos. The bird stayed for only a few minutes then disappeared. A
few minutes later it came back to pose for more photos. Here is a link to a few
of them
http://www.pbase.com/mayhorn/albino_sparrow

Thanks to the Justus family for allowing us to get the pictures, and for their
great hospitality.