[bcbirdclub] More Photos of the Mystery Bird?

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 20:59:39 -0400

After hearing lots of differerent opinions of what the mystery bird really is I
went back through some of my recent photos and found several of a bird that
might be the mystery bird. The mystery bird photos were taken on July 20, but
these other photos were taken the day before near and in my yard stream. I
didn't make a connection between the two birds because they looked so
different. If this bird on the 19th is the same bird as the mystery bird on the
20th, then it is most surely a Cerulean Warbler.

I think the reason the two groups of photos make the bird look different is the
lighting. The mystery bird photos were taken in the morning in the shadow of
heavy foliage. The ones the day before were taken during midday in brighter
light. If you look at this new group of photos of the 19th the bird's eye-ring
doesn't show as very pronounced except when its head is in shadow, as the
mystery bird was on the 20th.

Only the last 5 photos on this site are the ones you have already seen of the
mystery bird.
Here is the site http://www.pbase.com/mayhorn/feeding_bird

It will be interesting to hear what your opinions are.

Buchanan County