[bcbirdclub] Migrants at Caney Island Branch

  • From: Michelle Talbott <mjtalbott625@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Buchanan County Bird Club <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 12:18:58 -0700 (PDT)

I found myself in the middle, literally, of a great feeder flock today at Caney
Island Branch. There were Tennessee, Magnolia, Chestnut-sided, Black-throated
Green, and Worm-eating warblers flitting all around me, as well as Scarlet
Tanagers, Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, and a Blue-headed Vireo. I also spotted
Red-eyed Vireo, Red-tailed Hawk, Pileated Woodpecker, Flicker, Cardinal,
Titmouse, Chickadee, Indigo Bunting, Blue Jay, Crow, Mourning Dove, and
Carolina Wren on my hike.

  Happy Fall Birding,
  Michelle Talbott