[bcbirdclub] Maine Chance/Spindletop - Lexington, KY

  • From: Ed Talbott <aquilaet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ASK List <ask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, KY Birds <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2013 20:35:16 -0800 (PST)

KY Birders,

Michelle and I had a great time joining the group at Maine Chance Farm this
morning.  We missed the White-winged Crossbills at Lex Cemetery for the third
time but they say the fourth times a charm.  We more than made up for it with a
life bird; the many Lapland Longspurs mixed in with the large flocks of Horned
Larks.  Cackling Geese, Northern Harriers, Savannah Sparrows and other birds
made the trip a great success.  The light was not good for photographs but I
went ahead and posted a couple anyway.....here's the link:
http://www.pbase.com/aquilaet/mchance1

Have a great 2013!

Ed and Michelle Talbott
Richmond, KY