[bcbirdclub] Magee Marsh Trip Results

  • From: Michael Sanders <hawk036@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Buchanan County Birdclub <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Bristol Birdclub <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 23:47:22 -0400

The Buchanan County Bird Club went on its annual trip to Magee Marsh in
northwestern OH this past week; we had a great time with many species seen,
including several Mourning Warblers and a Brewster's Warbler. Although the
individual bird numbers were down, the species quality found was great. We
logged 137 species as a group with 26 of those being warbler species. Many new
life birds were added to individual lists with great enjoyment. While strolling
the boardwalk we were alerted to sleeping Common Nighthawks and an Eastern
Whip-poor-will. A fresh out of the nest Great Horned Owl was found peacefully
perched on a branch, along with a mated pair of Grey Morph Eastern
Screech-owls, and a Woodcock was found in the parking lot tending to a clutch
of eggs. Trip participants were Fred and Janice Martin, John Kelly and Sherri
Hiter, Roger Lemaster and Mike Sanders. Roger and Lynda Mayhorn were definitely
missed this year, hopefully a trip for next year is in the works. Can't wait………

A link to some photographs can be found here for those interested
http://public.fotki.com/hawk036/magee-marsh-trip/

Red-winged Blackbird
Eastern Bluebird
Indigo Bunting