[bcbirdclub] Re: Herons of all kinds!!!

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rogermayhorn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <hawk036@xxxxxxx>, "'Buchanan County Birdclub'" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2015 19:24:20 -0400

Good job Mike. Nice birds.

Roger Mayhorn

From: bcbirdclub-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:bcbirdclub-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Michael Sanders
Sent: Saturday, August 01, 2015 12:10 PM
To: Buchanan County Birdclub
Subject: [bcbirdclub] Herons of all kinds!!!

I took a quick trip to the lake this morning before the crowds hit to see what
I could find. Upon my arrival near Musick’s Campground I quickly found Green
Herons in good numbers (12), and Great Blue Herons (2), after attempting to
photograph the Green Herons, I motored towards Musick’s and saw a white bird
emerge from a patch of woods near the TVA ramp area, it landed near the gourds
at Musick’s Campground, I first thought Great Egret, but after a few minutes I
determined it to be a Little Blue Heron. I was able to get a flight shot of it.
Who knows it may be the same one that was near Rooty Branch Wetlands a week or
so ago. While docking my boat I noticed a Black-crowned Night-heron sitting in
the tree line near HWY 421, I was able to grab a shot of it. Not a bad morning
when you can find 4 heron species…

Mike Sanders

Bristol, VA

JPEG image