[bcbirdclub] Guesses Fork Nov 3rd - Hinton Nov 10th

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <mayhorn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Buchanan County Bird Club" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 20:47:38 -0400

Hi All,
This is just a reminder about the Sparrow Day at Guesses Fork on Saturday, and
to remind you to bring a chair, your drinks and something to add to the meal if
possible. We will meet Ed & Michelle at the usual place at the mouth of Guesses
Fork at the bridge in Hurley at 8:30 a.m.

I also want to give you a few details about our trip to Hinton on the following
Saturday, Nov 10th. We will meet at the Wal-mart at Claypool Hill that morning
at 8:00. We will then caravan to Hinton on highway 20, where we will meet
members of the Bibbee Nature Club at 9:30 at the Lilly Bridge, the large bridge
you cross just a couple of miles before arriving in Hinton. We will stop there
to look for waterfowl along Bluestone Lake.

We will then bird along the lake to the dam, Belle Point Park, Mountain Valley
Lake and have lunch at the DQ in Hinton. After lunch we will bird down the New
River to Sandstone Falls. Don't forget your binoculars, field guides,etc. It
may be cool that morning but warm up later so dress accordingly. As much as we
all would like to have rain, let's hope that's not the day it arrives.

See you Saturday,