[bcbirdclub] Greeneville TN RTH Siting

  • From: mac942tbr@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 22:40:50 -0400 (EDT)

Greeneville TN exit off 11E onto 70S towards Asheville
Prior to Heritage Bank on Left Side of Street
6:45pm 70deg approx

I was heading home late from work side by side with my daughter.
I waved as she continued home to JC then turned on 70S.
3 or 4 quarters of a mile; before I could finish the sentence
God I haven't seen any Red-tailed ...(Hawks lately), there it was.
Big White on the Dark Green, a beautiful site.  He cut a straight line
on that tree, before a big black turkey vulture came and scared him off.

Maybe a Juvenile Red-tailed Hawk.

Nata Jackson
Greene County