[bcbirdclub] Re: Golden Eagle and Common Raven Dogfight

  • From: "Richard Kretz" <fatcatz33@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bebirding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <opiehunter@xxxxxxxxx>, <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'buchanan co bc'" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'virginia birds'" <va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 18:16:15 -0500

Bob,
Guess you don't want to hear about the adult Golden Eagle fly-over I had at the
house this afternoon - third since mid-December... ;o) Seems they're hunting
the ridge line above Big Cedar Creek.

The Sharp-Shinned is still making sporadic appearances to dine on Sparrows,
Juncos, and such. A L-H Shrike chased finches from the feeders yesterday
afternoon. Also had a possible Redpoll a little bit ago at the feeder in the
back. Didn't get good looks though due to fading light... Still seeing Siskins
and occasionally a Purple Finch or two as well as the R-H WP.
Enjoy the birds...
Richard Kretz
Lebanon (Elk Garden area), VA