[bcbirdclub] Fw: Fw: Passerine Die-Offs Due to Salmonella

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 17:30:06 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Lois Boggs
To: bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2009 12:55 PM
Subject: Fw: Passerine Die-Offs Due to Salmonella

Hello,
I thought I would send this out to all of you, as well.
Please read the notes below for important information.
Thanks,
Lois

Wildlife Biologist
Clinch Ranger District
9416 Coeburn Mountain Road
Wise, VA  24293
276-328-2931

just goes to show, it's always somethin'!   -Roseanne Roseanna Danna

----- Forwarded by Lois Boggs/R8/USDAFS on 03/03/2009 12:54 PM -----

Hello All,
("Passerines" are songbirds.)
I just received this note, from a biologist from Virginia's Department of Game
and Inland Fisheries.
Please take time to be sure your bird feeders and feed are not the cause of the
spread of any avian diseases, and in this case, salmonella.  There is good
information here, and it's easy to follow.  Some of these potential diseases
can affect humans as well as birds.
There is also recall information about suet cakes made with peanut meal from,
you guessed it, Peanut Corp of America.

----- Forwarded by Lois Boggs/R8/USDAFS on 03/03/2009 11:46 AM -----