[bcbirdclub] FW: salvage permit

  • From: "Jerry Thornhill" <mjt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 14:56:45 -0500

I received this from Ted Dingler who teaches at SwVCC.  I've seen the
exhibit he mentions and the Barred Owl is impressive.

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

The college has received a federal salvage permit which enables us to
possess migratory birds, primarily raptors. We can

get them , have them mounted and displayed at the college. At the present
time we have a Barred Owl in the case on the second floor of Taz. Hall. I
have a Barn Owl at the taxidermist right now and should get it soon. If you
or any others find an owl or hawk on the side of the road, get in touch with
me  and I will come and get it. If you want to pick it up and keep it for me
, that would be great. We can't have eagles but we can pick them up and then
get them to the proper people. If you haven't seen the display that we have,
swing by and take a look. Pass the word about our permit.

Keep birding,

Ted