[bcbirdclub] Re: Emailing: IMG_5040.jpg

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <mayhorn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Buchanan County Bird Club" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 22:26:12 -0400

From Joe's photo you can certainly see why some people call the Osprey "the
flying W".

We had our first hummingbird of the season about 7:00 this evening. I got  a
quick look at it, then Lynda and I both got to see it when it came back to the
feeder a few minutes later.

There were 40+ cowbirds at the feeders again this evening.

The male bluebird is still attacking the mirrors and windows of the SUV. We
moved the vehicle closer to the house. That didn't work, so Lynda hung towels
over the windows. The bluebird then went to the back of the vehicle and messed
up that window. I feel sorry for any other male bluebird that comes anywhere
near our property. He won't know what hit him.

The Carolina Wren that is nesting in the end of my canoe was carrying food
today, so evidently those eggs made it through the cold weather.