[bcbirdclub] Cooper's, Pine Siskins, White-crowns, Hand Feeding Chipmunk

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <mayhorn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Buchanan County Bird Club" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 17:15:02 -0400

Hi All,
The White-throated and White-crowned Sparrows have been busy under our feeders
this week. A Swamp Sparrow showed up at the yard stream on the 16th. Tennessee
Warblers and RB Grosbeaks are still showing up as well as Palm Warblers and
Yellow-rumps. A couple of Pine Siskins joined the goldfinches at the feeders on
the 15th.
A Red-breasted Nuthatch came to the feeder on the 16th.
A Blue-headed Vireo came to the stream yesterday the 17th.
Today there were 8 Purple Finches at the feeders.
For those interested some photos can be seen at
http://www.pbase.com/mayhorn/migration_11

I also hand fed a chipmunk on the back steps this week. Photos of that can be
found at http://www.pbase.com/mayhorn/chipmunk

Buchanan County