[bcbirdclub] Breaks birds

  • From: "David and Susan Raines" <rainbrk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 11:30:58 -0500

Had a chance to check a few good spots in the park yesterday afternoon.
Golden-cr Kinglets showed up along the Garden Hole road but the river offered
no sign of waterfowl. I did see a Turkey Vulture and 3 Ravens soaring near the
Towers. Later near the Beaver Pond, a very active Winter Wren worked the
tangles near the water while a lone Hermit Thrush found Privet berries to his
liking. A Red-shouldered Hawk, Crows, a Flicker and a Downy Woodpecker were
heard while walking around the pond. The Beaver Pond and Laurel Lake were also
void of any waterfowl.
On the way home, I stopped by the pond beside the Epling/Lockhart Cemetary and
found a Fox Sparrow with the usual Song & White-th Sparrows.
Today @home I've seen a Brown Thrasher, E.Towhee,Juncos, and a surprise
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker to go along with all the common visitors around our
place.
DaveR/Breaks