[bcbirdclub] Breaks Warblers - April 6, 2012

  • From: Ed Talbott <aquilaet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BCBC Listserve <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 18:18:27 -0700 (PDT)

Buchanan Birders,

Michelle and I are back in the county this weekend and made a quick run over to
the Breaks this morning.  Warblers included Black-throated Green, Pine,
Yellow-throated, Ovenbird, Hooded and Black-and-white.  The Hooded and Ovenbird
were our first for 2012.  We also found Blue-gray Gnatcatchers, Phoebes, and
Tree Swallows.  Over the Levisa we found our first N. Rough-winged Swallows of
2012.  We spent some time scanning for the Falcons from Stateline overlook but
did not find them - we did a nice surprise when a Cooper's came tearing by the
overlook and gave us great looks.

Other interesting birds included Ravens, Ruby-crowned Kinglets, and Hermit
Thrush.  I'll post some pictures later as I'm not at my computer now.  I took a
nice hike at Guesses Fork this afternoon but did not add any new birds to our
2012 list.

Ed Talbott, III