[bcbirdclub] Breaks Park Programs Info

  • From: "David and Susan Raines" <rainbrk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 22:15:40 -0400

Upcoming birding events in Breaks Park

Friday Sept 18

4:30- 6PM BIRDS OF PREY Raptors or birds of prey are the apex predator of the
skies. Meet Mitch Whitaker, raptor rehabilitator and Master Falconer along with
his feathered friends to learn about these wonderful birds. Program meets at
the Visitor Center. Free Activity

Saturday Sept 19

8AM EARLY MORNING BIRDING TRIP Have you ever seen a bird in your yard and
wondered what species it was? Meet our birding ranger(David Raines) for a walk
to visit the many bird species that call Breaks Interstate Park home. You'll
learn to visually identify various birds, by sight as well as song! Meet at the
Visitor Center and you will begin your search for the birds that live here.
Free Activity

And, of course, I would be pleased if anyone wants to join me at 7PM Friday for
STORYTELLING & MUSIC AROUND THE CAMPFIRE. I will be playing my banjo and
telling stories of past local people and times of days gone by. I will have
help with the music from my son, Holden and his friends, Kevin and Jarret on
guitars and hand drums.

This info was copied from the Breaks Park programming schedule. They have many
other activities planned for their Nature Weekend.`The Park has scheduled Elk
Tours @ 5:00PM both Friday and Saturday. Tickets may be purchased by calling
276-865-4413 ext.3201.

DaveR/Breaks,VA