[bcbirdclub] Breaks CBC-Friday

  • From: "David and Susan Raines" <rainbrk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 07:47:01 -0500

Count week began yesterday for the upcoming Breaks CBC.I spent the day outdoors
working on our equipment shed but was able to note a few good birds for count
week. I saw a Kestrel,Raven,Red-sh Hawk and Brown Thrasher while working. As
you know, birds seen 3 days before and after can be included in the count data.
I know we have several club members who live within the count circle, so if you
note anything interesting or just want to include your feeder list please
contact me. We are very short-handed for Friday's count, so let me know if you
are available to join one of our teams in the field. We will meet at our home
at 5:00 ish to compile the day's list. There will be some hot soup provided for
the participants. I almost forgot, as I headed indoors after putting my tools
away, a Barred Owl called from the woods above our barn!

Dave Raines/Breaks,VA
276-531-8257

Also, note that the Buchanan County CBC is scheduled for Saturday, Dec. 19.
That means count week for that one begins today.