[bcbirdclub] Breaks Birding

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 20:45:41 -0500

Hi All,
This morning in spite of the thick fog, Don Carrier, Don's son, Christian,
Christian's fiancee Alexus, and I joined David Raines at his place in the
Breaks to try to relocate the Virginia Rail that David had found on January 19.
We had no luck finding the rail, but we had a nice day of birding at David's
place, then at Cow Fork and other likely places the rail might have moved to.
The highlight of the day was 3 Red-shouldered Hawks flying and calling at the
same time, sometimes giving us very good looks at them. As David remarked,"
They are probably beginning their courtship flights to start nesting soon".

Here is a photo of the other birders and below that is the list of 26 species
we found today.

26 species

American Crow 6

American Goldfinch 5